KAPA®tech is the innovative lightweight foamboard of 3A Composites. The pioneering composition of PUR foam and aluminium skins combines lightweight with rigidity. Moreover, KAPA®tech is euroclass B certified; it is the first KAPA® board in the category “difficult to ignite”.
KAPA®tech is also available with a MED-certified com- position for shipbuilding.
- B - s2, d0 according to EN ISO 13501-1 difficult to ignite“
- M1 according to NF P 92-501
- Class 0 according to BS 476 part 6 +7
- Hazard level HL 1-3 (R1) according to EN 45545-2:2013
SHIP BUILDING – MED-CERTIFIED
- IMO Resolution MSC.307(88) FTP Code 2010
- MED 118.396 (KAPA®tech composition with MED-certification)
- Polyurethane foam core with coated aluminium skins
- Lightweight foamboard suitable for exterior as well as for interior use
- Weather-resistant and resistant to humidity
- Good dimensional stability and stiffness
- Good insulating properties
- Protective film on both sides
KAPA®tech offers excellent properties and a wide range of applications in the transport sector, for industrial applications, as well as in furniture and interior design.
TRANSPORT / INDUSTRY
- Ship building, railways and caravans
- Elevator cabins
- Air ducts
FURNITURE DESIGN / INTERIOR DESIGN
- Base panel for furniture construction
- Shop fitting
- Stand construction
- Easy processing with conventional woodworking and metalworking machinery
- Saw blade with trapezoidal/duplovit teeth
- Good routing results
- Pre-drill the hole to avoid that the aluminium dents under the pressure of the screw
- Use drill with centring tip
- Do not draw the screws too strong: the sheet needs space to expand
- Use washers
- Bonding e.g. with interlocking H- or W-profiles
- Aluminium, polyester lacquer and PUR foam are easy to glue with a variety of conventional adhesives
- Ideal for screen and digital printing
- Lamination with HPL
- Lamination with decorative film
- Other types of finishes are possible
- ABS – plastic – profile (typical profile of furnitures)
- PVC – profile
- Adhesive tape
DIBOND® from 3A COMPOSITES combines excellent new product features resulting from extensive R & D programs.
DISPA® is the new paper board from 3A Composites with a unique structure of embossed formed paper which gives it strength and...
SMART-X® the distinctive and unique lightweight foam board for sophisticated applications in the field of visual communicatio...